Why would anyone want to spy on a loved one? Is that because you don’t trust them enough to do the right thing? Maybe. One thing is often true- If you think you need to spy on them, you probably should.
You may not be able to monitor your child’s moves all day long after getting them that android phone, but best believe that they’re at that age when they explore those sites they shouldn’t go to.
You may also suspect your partner is cheating, but you don’t have a way to prove it. The worst way to confront a cheating person is without proof, as they can gaslight you into thinking you’re wrong. Do you know what’s crazier? You may truly be wrong and only succeed in sowing seeds of mistrust in your relationship. How can you avoid all these?
Get free cheating spouse app for android! The best spy apps for android are easy to install and navigate. And it gets better- you can get hidden spy apps for android, which precludes any possible detection by your child or spouse.
There are several hidden spy apps for android to choose from, and that’s why we have done the hard job of testing many of them to determine the best. We have successfully narrowed the list to the top ten you will learn more about as you read. Let’s get to it!
10 Best Hidden Android Spy Apps for 2023
Find below the comprehensive list of our ten best spyware for android. The best thing about these applications is their camouflage feature that sets in after installation, allowing them to run in the background undetected without being seen. They are often masked by the names of the android system services, making them almost impossible to detect by the average user.
uMobix – Best Android Spy App
uMobix undoubtedly ranks high on the market’s list of best spy apps for Android. It is a comprehensive monitoring software for android devices. One peculiar feature of the app is that it’s a cloud-based application that transmits data to its servers in real-time, so you can track activities as they happen.
The app is compatible with all iOS and Android devices too. It gives you information about deleted contacts, media files, social media conversations, and much more.
- Phone call monitoring – You get access to all call logs and contacts on the target Android device. uMobix will give you information about the date, time, duration, and the person the target was on a call. It also gives you information about deleted contacts.
- GPS tracking – uMobix spy app for android phone lets you track the target device’s GPS location in real-time. That will work even if you want to track a lost phone. It gives you precise coordinates on the map, so you know where your child or partner is at any given time. It also gives you a list of the place visited. The downside is that it doesn’t offer geofencing.
- Web browsing history – You can access all the websites the target visits to ensure your child isn’t consuming inappropriate content online.
- Full Facebook and Instagram Access – This is possibly the biggest USP of this app. You get full access to the target’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. You can use this feature to unfollow and block people, post or delete posts, and set up privacy controls.
- Monitoring for 20+ social media apps and messengers – This feature is restricted to Android devices, so you’re in luck. uMobix gives you access to all the conversations on these apps so you can see who your partner is talking to behind your back.
You can read more about the features and specifics of this app in our uMobix review.
Pros and Cons:
- More features available on Android.
- Full IG and FB access and monitoring on all other social media apps.
- Generates summaries of locations, calls, and texts.
- One subscription to one device.
- Features on the basic plan are limited.
mSpy – Hidden Spy App for Android
mSpy is another huge contender for the best spy app for android without access to target phone position. The software has an easy-to-use dashboard that lets you track calls, messages, GPS locations, and social media activities.
mSpy is not a free spy for android, but it offers a 7-day free trial, so you can use it for a week to decide whether or not it’s the right fit for you.
Using mSpy on an Android device is incredibly easy. All you need to do is create an account, subscribe based on your needs and budget, and start spying on cell phone remotely.
The best part is that most of its features work on non-rooted Android phones, and you don’t need any rooting to access the feature that allows you to monitor outgoing social media messages, unlike in Iphones where jailbreaking is needed.
- SMS monitoring – This is possibly the best feature of this Android phone spy app. It does it very well by offering you all chats in a conversation view, making them easy to navigate through. It will also give you information about the contact’s name, timestamp, and number.
- Call logging – Another straightforward and easy-to-use feature is mSpy’s call logging. The android spy software gives you information about the duration of the call, the numbers of both callers, the timestamps, and the dates. As a result, you can see who they’re in touch with and how often.
- Location tracking – This hidden spy app gives you an effective location tracking feature, along with the exact coordinates, the time it was recorded, and how accurate it is in terms of meters. You can also make use of the geofencing feature with this app.
- Media files monitoring – You can monitor all the media files on the target phone, like photos, videos, music, and more.
- Keylogger – mSpy also offers a very effective keylogger for Android, giving you information on all the raw keystrokes from the target device. This way, you can get access to passwords and other sensitive details.
Pros and Cons:
- No need for rooting
- Geofencing feature
- 7-day free trial
- Remote control ability for pictures and videos.
- One device to one subscription
SpyBubble Pro – Spy App for Android
SpyBubble is another one of the best hidden spy apps for Android devices. You can easily use it to monitor what your child does on their handheld devices, and it’s compatible with iOS devices too.
While it is compatible with both platforms, one thing to note about this spy app is that it requires you to root the Android device to use it. However, once you manage to root the device, the app will record all the information from the target device without compromising on its power consumption.
Installing SpyBubble on an Android device will require one-time physical access to it, just like all other spy apps, but once this is done, you’re all set until you decide to remotely uninstall the app from the target phone.
- Call tracking – This spy app gives you a list of all incoming and outgoing calls from the target phone, along with the number on both sides, the duration, and timestamps. However, it doesn’t offer a call recording function to tap a cell phone conversation.
- App activity – A feature that’s unique to SpyBubble, it tracks all the app activity. For example, it will track the moment an app was opened and then closed on the device, giving an estimate of the time it was used for.
- Keylogger – SpyBubble’s keylogger works very well on an Android phone and tracks all the raw keystrokes in real-time. The app also gives you notification alerts.
- SMS monitoring – SpyBubble’s SMS monitoring capabilities are very effective. It shows you all sent and received messages and also any saved and deleted ones.
- GPS location – The location tracking is very effective. It offers you the exact location of the target phone on the map, address information, GPS coordinates, and timestamps.
- Social media monitoring – SpyBubble allows you to monitor your child’s activities on social media platforms like Facebook Messenger, Instagram, TikTok, Kik, Viber, and more. This is also a perfect app to catch a cheater on social media platforms.
Pros and Cons:
- Reasonably priced and affordable
- 100% undetectable
- Clean and easy-to-use UI
- Fast data syncing
- No geofencing available with the GPS tracker
- Some features are limited to iOS devices
FlexiSpy – Cell Phone Spy App for Android
FlexiSpy is a comprehensive monitoring software that’s compatible not only with Android and iOS devices but also with PCs and Macs. This offers it much wider compatibility, unlike a lot of other hidden spy apps for Android.
FlexiSpy uploads all the data from the target phone to its servers in real-time, and you can access it with ease from the app’s dashboard.
FlexiSpy is a great option, regardless of whether you want to use it to monitor your child or your employees, making it one of the best spy apps for Android devices on the market.
It’s important to note that FlexiSpy requires Android devices to be rooted to use it effectively. However, while this might sound like a complicated process, the app’s makers also offer an installations service to make the process seamless. You can choose to buy this when checking out on their website.
- Call logging – Like all other spy apps, FlexiSpy offers a great call logging feature that also allows you to record calls to listen to them later. It also offers VoIP logging and VoIP recording.
- Text message monitoring – FlexiSpy also allows you to monitor all sent and received messages on the target device. It also makes it easy to find a message from a particular conversation. Additionally, you can also monitor MMS messages.
- Social media monitoring – Kids spend hours on social media apps, and with FlexiSpy, you can monitor all of them with great ease to see who they’re talking to. This is also a great app to spy on girlfriend’s phone.
- Location tracking – This feature comes in very handy when you want to keep an eye on a spouse or check if your child is safe. It offers accurate GPS coordinates, along with the timestamps of when they were recorded. You can also set up a geofence and get alerts when it’s breached.
- Media files monitoring – With this spy app, you can easily monitor all media files on the target device, from photos to videos, to know what content they have on their phone.
- Keylogger – An unmissable feature for any spy app, FlexiSpy also offers an effective keylogger that records all raw keystrokes entered on the device. This way, you can monitor all of your child’s or spouse’s passwords on various apps and websites.
- Remote features – What makes FlexiSpy so effective is that you can operate it remotely in many ways. You can deactivate and uninstall this spy app remotely. You can also remotely upgrade it, restart the target device, and take pictures and videos remotely.
Pros and Cons:
- Compatible with all iOS/Android models.
- Advanced environmental listening features, remote camera access.
- Works in stealth mode
- Needs jailbreak for most features
- Most of the features are only available in its Extreme version.
- Much more expensive than its competitors
pcTattletale – Best Employee Monitoring App for Android
pcTattletale is yet another spy app for Android that you can use to monitor your spouse, child, or employees. Apart from working effectively on Android devices, it can also be used to monitor Windows devices and Amazon Kindles.
There are a few important things to note about this Android spy app. The first is that it doesn’t pack as many features as the other apps on this list, i.e., its capabilities are limited in comparison. Additionally, you can only purchase the app’s, license for a year at a time, and there’s no automatic rebelling. This means that you’ll have to buy a new license at the end of the year. However, while this might sound like a lot to commit to at the very beginning, the app does offer a free trial with a few features to give you an idea of how it functions.
- Intuitive dashboard – Despite its limited features, pcTattletale makes up for it with an easy-to-use dashboard that gives you live tracking, click activity, and other details of the target phone. It also allows you to access the location tracker, which shows you where the device is in real-time.
- Click activity – This feature gives you a different approach to monitoring when compared to other spy apps. It gives you a log of all the clicks your spouse or child made on the device in every one-hour period in the form of a graph that you can refer to. This can be a great tool when sued to monitor employees as it shows you how much time they spend on their phones when they’re supposed to be working.
- Live viewing of the target phone – This is another feature that makes pcTattletale stand out from the competition. While you might see high click activity, the live viewing feature gives you a live video of all the clicks your child makes on their Android device. This way, you can see what app they’re using at any given point of time and what’s on their screen then. While the feature itself is very powerful and effective, do note that it can lag a little despite using a strong internet connection. However, this is more than just a gimmick, making it a very useful feature.
- Remote Workforce Management – This is a great feature for employers who employ people who don’t always work on the premises. This way, they can track what their employees are up to, track cell phone locations, and know whether or not they are where they’re supposed to be.
- Location tracking – Like all other spy apps, pcTattletale also offers a location tracking feature that gives you the target’s live coordinates at any given point in time. However, what makes this feature even better is the satellite view, which a lot of other spy apps don’t offer. This view shows you all the shops and signs around the target device, so you can see exactly which part of town it’s in.
- Social media monitoring – You can monitor all your child’s or spouse’s social media chats with this spy app. This way, you can see who they’re talking to and when.
|Up to 22
Pros and Cons:
- Has a PC version
- Easy installation
- No need to root
- Doesn’t have much functionality
- Causes noticeable battery drain on Android
Spyera – Hidden Tracking App for Android
Among the list of hidden spy apps for Android is Spyera. It’s based on the keylogger principle and is compatible with a wide range of platforms and devices. Using it involves creating an account on the Spyera website and paying for your desired subscription.
The features of this spy app make it ideal for monitoring children, employees, and your spouse or partner. In terms of its pricing, it comes across as being relatively more expensive than its competitors. However, the benefit is that you can use a single subscription to monitor multiple devices at the same time. You must note, however, that Spyera doesn’t come with a free trial, so you will have to subscribe to it to see if you like it or not.
- Location tracking – Like all other spy apps, Spyera also offers location tracking capabilities so that you can always know that your child is safe, especially in these dangerous times. It gives you the GPS coordinates, so you know where they are at all times.
- Access multimedia files – This spy app can also be used to monitor all the media files stored on the device, like photos and videos, along with any audio files and recordings saved on it.
- Browser history monitoring – With the internet being so commonly used, parents always want to keep an eye on what content their children are consuming online. With Spyera, you can monitor all of your child’s web browsing, so you know what websites they visit and for how long.
- Call spring and recording – You can listen to the target’s calls live with this app and use it as a bug to listen to the sounds in their surroundings. You’re notified every time the target receives a call, so you can start listening to it from the very beginning.
- Remote controls – You can also remotely control the target device with this spy app. You can update the app and also uninstall it whenever you want without the user of the target device knowing about it.
- Text message and email monitoring – Text messages and emails are still very popular means of communication, especially in professional settings. Being able to monitor these texts and emails makes this a strong contender among the other Android spy apps mentioned in this list.
It’s important to note that Spyera doesn’t require Android devices to be rooted. However, not doing so restricts you to some basic features alone. So, if you want to use the advanced features this Android spy app has to offer, it’s best to root the target device.
|$49 per month
Pros and Cons:
- Ambient listening.
- Live call listening.
- Multilanguage support 24/7.
- Rooting is necessary to access some features.
XNSpy – Android Phone Spy App
Another top contender in this list of hidden Android spy apps is XNSpy. While this app isn’t very popular, you could still consider it if its features appeal to you. You can use it to monitor your kids, spouse, or employees to know what they’re up to at any given time.
Although the app is compatible with Android devices, it’s best to root it if you want to access all of its features. You also get a free trial of 3 days to see if it’s a good fit for your needs.
- Stealth Mode – Like the other apps in this list, XNSpy also operates in Stealth Mode. This means that the app is completely undetectable, so the target device user will never know that they’re being monitored.
- Call, and text message monitoring – XNSpy allows you to monitor all incoming and outgoing calls and sent and received messages. You can view the timestamps, the duration of the calls, and the numbers on both ends.
- GPS location tracking – You can track your child’s location in real-time, along with setting up a geofence around places you don’t want them going to. This feature makes this a good app if you’re concerned bout your child’s safety when they go out with their friends or alone.
- Browser history monitoring – You can also monitor the browsing history on the target device to know what kind of content your child consumes on the internet. This can be another great way of keeping them safe from content and people they shouldn’t be exposed to when they’re young.
Pros and Cons:
- Very affordable.
- Remote control to record the target phone’s surroundings.
- Geofencing and location tracking.
- No real time monitoring.
Hoverwatch – Free Spy App for Android Undetectable
Hoverwatch is another undetectable Android spy app that you can consider. Unlike the other spy apps mentioned in this list, Hoverwatch is a screenshot-based app that presents information to you in a different style.
It’s compatible with Android devices only. You can use it as a parental control tool and monitor your employees, especially when many don’t work within your office space.
Using Hoverwatch is very easy. You’ll need to create an account on the website, select and pay for a subscription of your choice, install it on the target phone, and you’re ready to start monitoring. One of the advantages of Hoverwatch is that most of its features are available to you regardless of whether or not the target device has been rooted. However, rooting it does offer a few extra features that could come in handy when needed.
This spy app for Android updates information every five minutes by default, while it updates the target’s location after every 10 minutes to save on the device’s battery. It also operates in Stealth Mode, so the target will never know they’re being monitored in real-time.
- Reports – Most of this spy app’s features are included under the Reports section. You can navigate to other sections such as calls, media files, text messages, browsing history, etc. You get all the usual details like the details of the caller, the timestamps, and the duration. The same goes for spying on text messages. You also get to monitor the browsing history on the target device, which can be especially handy if the app is being used to monitor a teenager. The Reports section also allows you to monitor all the contacts on the device. this includes those on SIM, WhatsApp, and Google.
- Location tracking – This Android spy app also offers an effective location tracking feature. While this doesn’t work based on the screenshot model, it shows you the locations the target has visited on a map. If you click on these locations, you also get to see more details like the date, the WiFi SSID, and the approximate distance of the target from the WiFi signal. While this particular feature might be gimmicky, as it often recorded the distance as 300 meters even when standing next to a router, the GPS locations are still accurate.
- Calendar – With this cell phone spy app, you can also keep track of the target’s schedule via their calendar. This way, you know where they will be at any given time.
|Up to 25
Pros and Cons:
- Scheduled screenshots
- Unlock selfies
- 5-day free trial period
- Root needed to unlock some features.
- Installation bugs
Cocospy – Cell Phone Monitoring App
Cocospy is another very popular Android spy app because of its range of features. Apart from Android devices, it is also one of the best spy apps for iPhone. The most important thing to note is that using Cocospy to spy on an Android device requires rooting it to access its features.
Once this is done, you can use it to monitor your kids, spouse, or even your employees to ensure maximum productivity.
This spy app gleans all information from the target device and is 100% undetectable, meaning the target will never know that their phone is being monitored.
To install Cocospy on the target Android device, you will need physical access for a few minutes. However, once installed, you won’t need to access the device as you can manage most things remotely.
The features of this leading spy app for Android are listed below. It offers 12 features in total, making it a comprehensive tool for phone monitoring.
- Call tracking – With Cocospy, you can track all the incoming and outgoing calls on a target device, along with details about the phone numbers on both ends, the call durations, and the timestamps. You can also check the call frequency, so you know who the target speaks to the most. All this information is arranged on the dashboard, so it’s easy to access.
- SMS monitoring – Text messages are still a very popular mode of communication, and Cocospy has this base covered too. You can track all sent and received messages and access deleted messages, and you’ll know even when a cheating spouse tries to cover their tracks. You can also monitor all MMS files, making it a very comprehensive and effective feature. Further, you can also choose how many entries you want to see, from 10, 20, 50, or 100.
- Location tracking – Cocospy offers location tracking using GPS and WiFi, along with geofencing abilities. This way, you can find out where your spouse or partner has been going or check whether or not your child is in a safe part of town when they go out with their friends. You can zoom in on the map and pan, making it a very easy-to-use feature. The geofencing feature also gives you alerts when the target breaches these virtual boundaries, so you can always act immediately in the event of an emergency.
- Social media monitoring – With kids spending more and more time on their phones, they tend to interact with many people online. Sometimes, these people can also be strangers, and Cocospy’s control panel allows you to access all their social media chats to know if they’re keeping the right company. This can also be a great way to check who your spouse is speaking to when they seem to be spending a lot of time on their phone. You can use this feature to monitor conversations on apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Viber, Instagram, and more.
- Web browser monitoring – Cocospy also offers to help you monitor all the browser activity your child engages in on their device. It gives you the website’s URL, the name or title, the visit frequency, and any bookmarks, along with details of timestamps.
- SIM card location tracking – This is one of the unique features of Cocospy. While most spy software ignores this avenue, Cocospy allows you to get any information possible from the SIM card in the device. You can track its present location, track it if it’s lost, view the IMEI number, and record any changes in the phone number.
Pros and Cons:
- Sim card location tracking.
- Retrieves deleted messages.
- Smooth installation
- No geofencing
- Requires rooting
KidsGuard Pro – Hidden Spy App
The last hidden Android spy app on this list is KidsGuard Pro. It’s compatible with both Android and iOS devices. It’s completely undetectable and offers a variety of different remote functions. Once you’ve subscribed to it, you can have it up and running in five minutes.
One of the benefits of this spy app is that it doesn’t require your Android device to be rooted for it to function properly. However, installing it on an Android device requires one-time physical access.
- Location tracking – KidsGuard offers accurate location tracking abilities to monitor where your child is at any given time. It also offers timestamps for each location where the target phone is marked.
- Geofence alerts – Besides KidsGuard’s location tracking abilities, the app also sends you geofence alerts when the target enters virtually marked areas. This can help you ensure your child is safe at all times.
- Remote control – One of the benefits of this app is that it offers many remote controls that can help parents keep a closer eye on their kids. For instance, it allows for photo taking, call recording, and screenshot capturing whenever there’s a page parents would like saved for later reference. Do note that the photo-capturing feature can only work when the camera isn’t already being used, and only the rear camera can be used to do so.
- Social media monitoring – Another crucial aspect of any parental control app is the ability to monitor social media applications. With KidsGuard, you can monitor apps like Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, Viber, and more. You can also monitor chats on WhatsApp.
- Call logging – This is one of the most basic features of this spy app. It gives you access to all incoming and outgoing calls, their durations, timestamps, and the date they were made or received.
- SMS monitoring – While SMS’ might not be very popular among kids, they are common among employees, and KidsGuard’s SMS monitoring capabilities also make it a great tool for employee monitoring.
- Web browser monitoring – With kids spending more and more time on the internet, KidsGuard hasn’t failed to incorporate web browser monitoring. This gives parents data about which websites are being visited, how often, and for how long.
KidsGuard Pro Pricing
Pros and Cons:
- Effective keylogging feature.
- No need for rooting.
- Data sync speed is impressive.
- Screenshots for social media apps.
- No content restriction feature.
Is There a Spy App That is Undetectable?
If you’re looking to spy on someone’s Android device without them knowing, uMobix should be your choice. This reliable app offers various unique monitoring features unheard of in other apps and allows you to keep an eye on it without the owner ever finding out.
This was a list of the 10 best hidden Android spy apps. As you can see, each of them offers a host of different features, with some being unique to others. However, if we were to pick out our recommendation from the lot, we’d choose uMobix because of its reliability and features. Apart from the usual features like call logging, SMS monitoring, and GPS location tracking, it also offers unique ones like monitoring for 20+ social media and messaging apps, along with full remote access to the target’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Further, its ability to update all the data in real-time makes it the most efficient and powerful tool you can choose. You may decide to opt for the free spy apps for android, but you may soon discover that the best hidden spy apps for android have a fee attached to their best features.