There is a long list of parental control applications available in the market today, with each claiming to be the best. They all offer some common, and other unique features to help differentiate themselves in a competitive market.
One of these apps that you might come across is KidLogger. The company defines this product as a parental control software that’s compatible with the most used OS in the world. In this review, we’ll discuss various aspects of this software, from its compatibility, features, pricing, and more.
What is KidLogger?
KidLogger is an advanced parental monitoring software designed to help parents track and manage their children’s digital activities. Due to our practical knowledge, this application allows monitoring of calls, messages, social media activities, and even general device usage. The core idea of KidLogger is to provide parents with insights into how their children interact with digital devices, offering a balance between safety and respecting privacy. It stands out for its user-friendly interface and comprehensive tracking capabilities, making it a popular choice among parents who wish to stay informed about their children’s online world.
How Does KidLogger Work?
KidLogger offers a dynamic and multi-layered approach to effectively monitor children’s digital interactions. The process begins with the installation of the KidLogger app on the child’s device. This step is crucial and involves not just downloading the app, but also tailoring its settings to align with the specific monitoring needs of the parent.
Once set up, KidLogger dives into action, meticulously gathering data from the device. This encompasses a wide array of activities, including call logs, text messages, social media interactions, app usage, and even keystrokes. The latter provides a detailed glimpse into every input made on the device, offering a comprehensive view of the child’s digital interactions.
Accessing this wealth of information is streamlined through a user-friendly online dashboard. Parents can log in with their KidLogger credentials and are greeted with an organized display of the collected data, making it straightforward to review and interpret the child’s digital habits and behaviors. Moreover, KidLogger enhances its monitoring capabilities by allowing parents to set up customized alerts for specific activities or keywords and generate detailed reports. These reports paint a clear picture of the child’s device usage over time.
Through this blend of advanced monitoring and user-friendly access, KidLogger serves as a powerful yet discreet tool for parents. It not only keeps them informed about their children’s digital world but also promotes a balance between safety and responsible device use.
KidLogger Pros and Cons
To offer a balanced view, let’s explore the advantages and potential drawbacks of using KidLogger.
- Comprehensive Monitoring: KidLogger provides a detailed view of children’s digital activities, including call logs, texts, app usage, and internet history, offering parents a comprehensive insight into their child’s digital life.
- User-Friendly Interface: The online dashboard is intuitive, making it easy for parents to navigate and understand the data, even without technical expertise.
- Customizable Alerts: Parents can set alerts for specific activities or keywords, which helps in proactively managing potential risks or inappropriate behavior.
- Potential Device Slowdown: Depending on the device and the extent of monitoring, KidLogger might impact the performance or battery life of the child’s device.
- Limited Blocking Features: While KidLogger excels in monitoring, it may lack robust features to block or restrict certain apps or websites directly through the app.
How Much Does KidLogger Cost?
KidLogger offers three major plans, namely Basic, Standard, and Professional. The Basic plan offers to monitor up to 5 devices, and offers basic features such as logging calls and texts, limiting the time spent on games, blocked applications, and location coordinates. This plan is free of cost.
The Standard plan allows monitoring for up to 5 devices and it keeps logs for 30 days. This plan offers more advanced features, such Analytics for apps, chats, locations, and the web browser. It also comes with technical support.
The final plan is the Professional plan which allows you to monitor up to 10 devices and keeps the log history for 60 days. This plan gives you advanced features like scheduled email reports, keystroke monitoring, and recording of surrounding sounds. On Android devices, it offers the whole gamut of features the app has to offer.
The pricing for all three plans is given below –
KidLogger’s commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in its refund policy. The service offers a refund policy that allows users to cancel their subscription and request a refund under certain conditions. This policy is designed to provide peace of mind to parents, knowing that they can opt out if the service doesn’t meet their expectations. The details and conditions of the refund policy, including the time frame for requesting a refund, can be found on KidLogger’s official website.
KidLogger offers a range of payment methods to ensure convenience for its users. Parents can subscribe to KidLogger using various secure payment options, including major credit cards, PayPal, and other commonly used online payment systems. This flexibility in payment methods makes it easy for users worldwide to access and use KidLogger’s services without hassle.
What Can I Do With KidLogger?
According to various KidLogger reviews and our tests, KidLogger offers a suite of features designed to help parents monitor and understand their children’s digital behavior effectively.
One of the key features of any parental monitoring software is time tracking or parental time control. This feature allows you to track how much time your child spends on their device, be it a Windows device or Android device. This can be a great way to check how long they spend on their phone during their school hours, while also monitoring their screen time.
Call and SMS Monitoring
Just like any other monitoring app, KidLogger also allows you to monitor phone calls and text messages on the target device. As you can see from the image above, all the text messages are presented in a list, and you can click on each to read through the whole message. The app also gives you the time the message was sent or received at.
KidLogger also allows you to monitor messages across social media platforms like WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, and more. Further, it presented all the messages in a list view rather than a conversation view, making it hard to navigate through them and understand them well.
Web History Monitoring
KidLogger also gives you a log of the user’s browsing history. It works across web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. It shows you the URLs of the sites visited on the internet, along with how much time was spent on them. However, in our testing, the app failed to show us the time spent.
GPS Location Tracking
The KidLogger online account also allows you to monitor the target device’s accurate GPS location. It shows you their location via Google Maps, and you get to choose between a Map view and a Satellite view. KidLogger also gives you the option to show the user’s path on their target device.
Another feature that KidLogger offers is the voice record feature. This feature works particularly well with applications that allow you to send voice notes, such as WhatsApp and Messenger. In our testing, the app was able to replay all the voice notes sent from us and the ones received by the target device. However, the app wasn’t able to identify which app the voice notes were sent or received on, and who they were received from.
Another feature that KidLogger offers is a list of app installations on your child’s device. This feature is available on Mac, PC, and Android devices. It gives you the time that each application was used for, thereby also serving as a time tracker of sorts. However, we came across no option to block a certain application from the installed apps to prevent someone from using it.
KidLogger is compatible with various operating systems, ensuring a broad range of users can benefit from its monitoring capabilities.
KidLogger supports Android devices running on Android 4.0 and above. This wide compatibility range allows it to cover a vast array of Android smartphones and tablets, making it a versatile option for Android-using parents who wish to monitor their children’s mobile activities.
While KidLogger primarily focuses on Android, it also offers compatibility with macOS (version 10.5 and above) and Windows (Windows 7 and above), providing a comprehensive solution for parents who use these operating systems. However, KidLogger does not offer direct monitoring of iOS devices.
Is KidLogger Legit?
KidLogger is indeed a legitimate tool, primarily developed for parental monitoring purposes. It is intended to help parents oversee their children’s digital activities to ensure their safety and well-being. Parents should consider the privacy implications and communicate with their children about the use of such monitoring tools, fostering an environment of trust and understanding. KidLogger, when used within these ethical and legal boundaries, serves as a legitimate and useful tool for parents.
How to Use KidLogger – A Step-by-Step Guide
Navigating the setup and usage of KidLogger is straightforward, here’s a simple guide to get you started.
KidLogger Android Installation
As a result of our tests, we have determined that the process to use KidLogger on an Android device is simple. the steps are mentioned below –
- Create an account on the KidLogger website. Remember or write down your KidLogger password.
- Download the Android application on the target device and set it up by giving it the permissions it needs.
- Use the dashboard on kidlogger.net to monitor your child’s Android mobile phone.
Just like most phone monitoring applications, installing KidLogger on Android requires physical access to the target device. This android mobile phone tracking app is easy to install. The steps to do so are given below. Note that these are the steps for the professional plan to which we subscribed to –
- Prepare the target phone – The first step is to prepare the target device to install KidLogger PRO. This includes disabling any antivirus protection on the device and doing the same for Google Play Protect.
- The next step is to go to the Download page of KidLogger and download KidLogger PRO for Android. then, you’ll have to install the APK file of the application.
Next, install the file on the target device and then click on Done on the dialog box that appears.
- Next, open Settings > Accessibility > Installed Services > System Android and then turn it on. On the dialog box that appears, click on Allow.
- Then, click on the Settings button and tap Activate Application.
- Next, allow the application permission to all the necessary resources it needs to function.
- After this, you’ll have to click on each of the options in the menu and configure the application to function on the device. The steps to do so are listed on the KidLogger website.
- When you reach the last option called Prevent to Launch this activity, you must tap on it to prevent the app from showing up on the target device. You can also delete the installation package from the target device to ensure its invisibility.
- Once this is done, you’ll be able to log into your dashboard on the KidLogger website and start monitoring your child’s activities on their Android device.
KidLogger Windows Installation
The process of installing KidLogger on a Windows PC is relatively simple. The steps to do so are listed below –
- Open the Control Panel, tap Update & Security, Windows Security, and then Virus & Threat Protection.
- Under the Virus & Threat Protection Settings, tap Manage Settings, Add or remove exclusions.
- Next, add the following folders – Downloads and the C:\Program files (x86), to the list of exclusions.
- Download KidLogger from the website’s download page.
- in the event that Google Chrome doesn’t allow you to download the file, open Menu, Downloads, and then tap “Keep dangerous file.”
- Extract the files from the zipped folder.
- Run the Install.exe file by selecting the option Run as Administrator.
- The KidLogger program will automatically launch once the installation is complete. However, if it doesn’t, you can open the KidLogger.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- Tap the Connect to Server option on the program’s main window.
- On your web browser, open KidLogger.net.
- Log in using the credentials you used while registering for your account on the website. Then, tap Connect to account. To connect a device to the account, enter its device ID into the field and then tap Connect to account.
- You can then return to the main window and start monitoring the target Windows PC.
How We Tested KidLogger
In our quest to provide a thorough review of KidLogger, we embraced a hands-on approach that went beyond the surface-level examination. We integrated KidLogger into everyday digital environments, installing it on various devices running different operating systems, from Android smartphones to Windows PCs. Our team mimicked real-life usage patterns of a typical family, engaging with the software daily to monitor its performance in real scenarios. We observed its responsiveness, accuracy in data collection, and impact on device functionality.
We tested its limits, examining how well it recorded activities without being obtrusive or slowing down the devices. Special attention was given to the user experience, particularly the intuitiveness of navigating the dashboard and interpreting the data. This immersive testing strategy allowed us to capture a holistic view of KidLogger’s capabilities and limitations, ensuring our review was grounded in practical usage and not just theoretical analysis.
Overall, KidLogger offers a decent set of features that most people look for in a parental control app. It comes with call and text message monitoring, GPS location tracking, social media monitoring, a keylogger, screenshot capturing, and also offers routine mail reports. However, all these features aside, the app itself has a very dated interface that isn’t the easiest to navigate. Further, a few features such as the social media monitoring didn’t really work well, as mentioned earlier.
Additionally, the fact that a lot of entries aren’t updated chronologically makes the information difficult to piece together. As a result, despite the app’s wide compatibility and relatively cheaper price, we’d say that there are better options in the market that you can consider for a more well-rounded experience.
What Can KidLogger Do?
KidLogger allows you to view all the keystrokes typed on-screen on a phone or a computer device along with all text copied to the clipboard. You can also view all the photos captured by the phone’s camera. You can also record all incoming and outgoing calls, monitor their duration, and the most often called contacts.
Is KidLogger Visible on the Monitored Device?
KidLogger can run discreetly, but its visibility depends on the installation mode and settings chosen during the setup process. It’s important to configure it correctly for stealth operation.
Does KidLogger Offer a Free Trial?
KidLogger offers a free version with limited functionality, which can be a good starting point for new users. For full features, a paid subscription is required.
Is KidLogger Safe to Use?
Yes, while keyloggers can often be interpreted as malware, KidLogger is safe to use as it’s intended to be a parental control software that parents can use to monitor their kids, with the latter knowing about it. It offers several tools to monitor what they’re doing on their devices and to set up controls on their screen time, among others.